> Regrettably we are currently unable to accept any entries for our winter indoor league.
> The revised government restrictions along with a moratorium on bookings by our selected venues, at least until the end of the year, has left us with no other option.
> Should the general situation improve and restrictions ease, we may look towards running a shortened competition beginning in January 2021.
• zipleague is our U14 indoor winter softball competition . It features 6 a side 12 over fixtures lasting one hour.
• This is a great introduction to the indoor game – many young cricketers start playing at this level from age 9 upwards.
• With no equipment requirements and The League managing scoring and umpiring, this an easy activity for clubs to organise and deliver, maintaining interest in the game over the long winter months.
• The competition starts in early November and runs until March with breaks for Christmas and the spring half term.
• Games are currently timetabled for Monday evenings only.
• We host two fixtures per session accommodating four teams starting at 6.15 and 7.15 – these last one hour.
• Teams usually only play one game per fortnight in the group stages.
• The competition is currently hosted at Notre Dame High School in Norwich. This location is convenient for teams both North and South of the city.
• There is plenty of free parking available and seating inside the sports hall for spectators.
• Entry to zipleague is in early September at the end of the summer season.
• Priority is afforded to teams who have played in the competition before.
• New clubs may register their interest in joining the competition by completing the online form here. They will be added to our newsgroup and advised when to submit an entry if places are available.
• zipleague entry form.
• If you have any questions or require further information, please contact us here.
• zipleague is played in a pairs format, each one at the crease for four overs.
• The batting side nominates two power play overs when the totals for all runs and wickets are doubled.
• The maximum entry is ten teams and when this number is reached these are split into two groups playing each other once (four games). The top two from each group then progress to the winners’ league where they play an extra three fixtures.
• You can find the rules and guidance notes here.
SNCL zipleague 2012-2020